Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Birthday Celebrations

My birthday was on Sunday. I'm almost officially old now. One year from halfway to forty - EW. But anyways of course we had to celebrate it.
My momma sent me the cake you see in the picture above. She says it was the only one they found that wasn't chocolate. It was pretty good.
So anywhos, we started on Friday night. Okay so wait backup. Sunday was mine and Deepa's birthdays. It was Deepa's 21st; that's kinda a bigger deal than 19. Okay you're caught up now. So Friday we celebrated Deepa's birthday with her chocolate cake her mom sent her, in her flat. We have a lot of the same friends so we just made it a big weekend for both of us. So Friday was her cake night.


Then Saturday was my cake night where we had my madre's cake in my flat. Big thanks to Sarah for taking a couple pictures because Justin was seriously slacking because he had a date. That's totally no excuse but whatever, Sarah to the rescue.
Then at like 11 we went out to Occidental because our birthdays kinda officially start at midnight and even though everyone is legal in New Zealand, Deepa needed to have a drink on her 21st because now she's legal in the States.
They were playing live music and it was rockin for a while.  Eventually the music stopped though, so we left.
Sunday I went to Pasifika. See previous post.

After Pasifika, we went to Tony's Steak and Seafood for dinner because on the menu they had steaks stuffed with seafood. That's like too good to be true, right? Totally. So I got the crab stuffed steak with shrimp on top, and I literally at the whole thing in two bites. It was kinda super awful. Don't give me that "did it at least taste good" because I have no idea because I ate it so fast because it was so little. I should've just got a regular steak because they were cheaper and of much much larger size, but oh well. At least the fries were good, after I dumped a pound of salt on them.

So then after dinner we were gonna go get ice cream, but to be honest I totally forgot. So Justin and Emily went to Countdown while Sarah and I went to the liquor store because it's my birthday and I'm legal here.
After way too many hours because I didn't plan it right, the Loyola kids joined us and my friends all came back to my flat to celebrate the good old birthday party way. Well, without any decorations or anything, so not really a party. And no food. And mostly no music because the speakers weren't working and you couldn't hear my laptop, so I guess maybe we were just hanging out and not partying then? Idk. Idk what the definition of a party is. Lol that reminds me of our first (and only) UHA family dinner when Matt was on the phone with Celine and was like "No, they're not drunk; they're just American."
Anyways so even tho the music wasn't really working, there were a lot of us and my flat is super small. So of course the RAs had to come yell at us, but they only yelled at us twice so I'd call that a success. But once I decided I didn't wanna take any more chances (even tho I asked if I could get deported before I said anyone could come over and the answer was no, so idk why I was worried) we all went over to Emily's flat, because hello, best friend status.
It was a good night.
So then Tuesday we went to Father Ted's, our local hangout, for steak, trivia, and karaoke. Lol we go there so often they didn't even card me. But anyways there I got a half kilo steak and fries for $15 NZ. OMG SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE STEAKHOUSE. Like why didn't we just stay with what we know and go to Father Ted's for my birthday? Oh well that's what we get for trying to break the status quo. Stick to the stuff you know. It is better by far to leave things how they are don't mess with the flow no no . (Hey at least I previously warned you about my musical interruptions.) At first it was a little chewy but it's okay because it was great. And the fries only needed a little extra salt. We did not do as good at trivia as I do on my beloved Carnival, but the 3 answers I did know, I knew. We didn't stay for karaoke but we came back to the flat and had our own karaoke - with Cherry Pie, so it was much better than any karaoke I've seen in Auckland.
Until next time,
xoxo,
Tasha

2 comments: