Monday, March 14, 2016

Beach Day Out


Saturday was University of Auckland's Beach Day Out. We woke up too early for a Saturday but later than the times we've been waking up to adventure and headed up the street to the shuttle that would take us to Takapuna Beach to cheer on our fellow University Hall Apartment Hounds (shout out to Celeste and Emily) in their Waka Ama race. 
We waited for the bus for a while and once the bus came it filled without us, so we waited for another, but eventually we all got seats and we made it to the beach. The bus almost hit a car turning into the drop off point, but it didn't so that's good. Then we had to walk through the water to get to the area where all the other people were. Justin and I got free Red Bulls and Sarah jumped in line for the free food. Then after saying hi to the UHA kids we got our tan on in the grass while jammin to Nate's music and watching the paddleboarders.
Later the boys, Katie, and I went swimming where Sebastian tried flipping off Nathan and Justin. The first one didn't go so well but the second one was great. If I wasn't wearing my tanning suit instead of a legit swimsuit, I totally would've made them flip me next. After we got out, I went to go get the free food, but even though it was only like 1:30 (the beach day out started at like 11), the food table was completely packed up and gone. So I ate the trail mix I brought and complained about missing the food. Then James came back over and we went back in the water.



Once James and I were way too cold to stay in any longer, we reluctantly got out and Sarah brought me my towel and things like the best friend she is. We then headed back to the bus and back to our flats.
Being the film major he is, Justin made a really great video featuring our Beach Day Out theme song, Land Down Under, that you can find at this link (seriously go watch it).
Until next time,
xoxo,
Tasha

2 comments: