Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Chicken and Waffle Fail that wasn't really a fail at all

May 25
Today started out as a normal day. I went to class. I didn't remember a thing I read in the business strategy book. That's when things took a turn for the better.
I got a 4/5 on my business strategy quiz. That was very pleasing to me because the past couple quizzes I've only been getting 2/5 even tho I read the stupid chapter before every class, sometimes more than once. Then class got out early so I went to meet Celeste and Sarah to go to Chicken and Waffles! I was so excited because I love chicken and waffles (just ask my mother).
So I go chill in front of Subway and Sarah comes and tbh I thought it was just gonna be Celeste so I was glad to see Sarah because I haven't hung out with her in a while. Celeste is late, as usual, but it's fine and soon we're going to Orleans for Chicken and Waffles.
Then we get there and we meet up with Libby! Yay more people!
So we sit at the table and place our order and everything then a different waitress comes up and asks us for IDs even tho no one is getting any alcoholic stuff. Everyone except Sarah has theirs, but we're not gonna make Sarah leave by herself so we all leave and we go to Better Burger. I've never had it before but apparently it's like the best. I thought it was just okay but whatever.
It was nice catching up with Sarah and Libby because they were telling me about all these things happening within our Loyola group dynamics that I didn't know about because I'm like halfway antisocial but really everyone is just antisocial towards me and it's all their fault and not mine. But anyways so yeah now I'm a little more in the loop with events up until yesterday.
Then Sarah leaves because she has class at 3. Libby, Celeste and I just chill at Better Burger because I'm not up for the walk back and I guess they weren't either. So then we're talking right and all of a sudden Libby stops mid sentence and her jaw drops and she's just staring and we're like "what are you staring at" and she's like "that's Max Key, the Prime Minister's son!" so we wait over at Better Burger for a little bit more then we go over to the bar where he is and we're just like talking about famous people and such and Libby's like "today is his birthday" so she googles it while we're finishing our drinks (cider for me, rose for Libby, water for Celeste) and I'm watchin as like other people are coming up to him and such then when everyone else but his bestie and him have left, Libby finishes her drink and goes to talk to him. They take a super cute dog filter snapchat selfie then she invites Celeste and I to join. So we're like "happy birthday!" and we just chill for like 10 minutes with Max and his friend, Marty. Marty is in the band Jupiter Project and he put us on his snapchat story, so we're like lowkey not really almost famous now. So then we get our selfies and let him be because we have to go to class now too.
Max Key
Marty from Jupiter Project




















So then I get to where my class is and I'm sitting there because I'm early and I'm just chillin on my phone then it's like class time but it still seems empty so I look around and there's literally no one there so I check my email and class was canceled so I go back to my room and watch How To Be Single and skip my next class because it's pouring and I'm not walking there. But then the management teacher put our essay grades in and I didn't fail even tho she hates me so that's good.
So I'm just chillin til tonight because Celeste and I are going to 1885. So then the time comes and I get ready and I'm like what do I wear because it's pouring so I can't wear my leather or my suede and that's like my whole life so I'm like ahh what do I wear now so then I put on this like H2O worthy outfit and it's totally cute and I'm totally gonna wear it lots this summer and the top makes me look tan.
So then Celeste and I go to 1885 and Max and Marty are there. Max takes 21 shots because it's his 21st and like everyone was snapchating it and such, and it now occurs to me that Marty didn't change his clothes from earlier haha. So then Marty goes and hangs with these girls and Max is just like chillin with his buds and such and Celeste and I are just chillin too. And then finally more people come because it was like empty.
Then the first person buys me a drink. Took long enough. Then I'm like okay done with you. Then I'm like "Celeste that guy is gonna buy me the next drink" and he kept like staring and coming closer but he never like legit approached me. Chicken. Until we were walking back to the flat then he drives by and he's like "hey!" and I'm just like don't hey me you owe me a drink but I'm really just like "hey!". But anyways after that first one we were like okay who's next and it was fun guessing who would come up next. Like every time except for that one guy I was right, but no one else bought me drinks they just came up to us and didn't buy us drinks. Whatever .
Then Max requests Soulja Boy and then he comes next to us and we all Crank That together. It was fun. Then he leaves and I keep playing my who's next game which is also super fun. Then this guy from Sydney comes up and he's like "my friend is into rugby and he does like some blue thing and he wants to dance" and obvi he means like the Auckland Blues but I'm just like lol
so yeah musicians, sons, rugby players, yolo
& Celeste met this guy from New York. Oh and there was this guy from Canada ! he was cool .
Okay so like before soulja boy I think (maybe after, idk) they played Hips Swing so I'm gonna swing right and so this guy was like yeah I can dig it and he was like hip bumping like you're supposed to do but his girl was like right there! like if this were America I wouldn't be alive to tell the story. but it's not america so that's good.
Speaking of America, everyone here finds it so hard to believe I'm from there. Like idk why. Whatever.
Oh also Max is the second person in my entire life to not hang out with me at the club when I want them to (Jesse was the first, still a bit bitter over that) but I guess we did soulja boy together so maybe that counts...
But we didn't end up leaving with an invite to his super fancy celebrity party on Saturday but I won't be in Auckland anyways so I guess it's okay...not really. but whatever.
So then Celeste and I go back to the flat and like we stop in Burger King because there's lots of people and it's a bunch of people from the club and they start like almost fighting and I called it way before any of the Burger King staff caught on and that's why I need to be at H2O .
my cider came in a jar!
Until next time,
xoxo,
Tasha









May 27 Update:
Max is in my class. I was all excited for nothing lol if only I had been more social throughout the semester we could've been best friends because he's been in my class since February. Oh well, that's what I get for being anti-people. But now it makes sense that when we were all like "oh what do you study" he was like "same as you" lol oops 

No comments:

Post a Comment