Tuesday, June 21, 2016

30 Days

May 28
Today I'm on a flight to the South Island. 30 days from now I'll be on a flight to America. This is my 15th flight since starting this study abroad journey and I have 18 more flights booked in the next 30 days before I'm home. I would try to count the cities as well (I don't always fly places) but I just can't - there are too many.
I've gotten better about my plane sickness that seemed to appear and disappear with the first few months of being sent into the great unknown alone. I guess it just took my body a little while to remember cruisin isn't the only way to get places; sometimes you just gotta fly. Spread your winds like a bird and just ride the wind like the breeze is the sea.
I'm tired. Carmen and Camille wanted to go out last night but I stayed in because I was tired and I'm still tired. I've been doin lots of runnin (not literally, everyone knows I don't run) but I'm on the last leg and I can't stop now. Next week all but 2 of my classes were cancelled and those two are optional so hopefully I'll catch up on my sleep then. Or not. We'll see. Ain't no rest of the wicked.
Also I'm really sick of NZ airlines not feeding us. Like hello, where are your manners? Uh whatever.
Also I don't understand why everyone thinks I'm a kiwi. Like I'm hanging out with a bunch of Americans, why would I be a kiwi when you know none of them are? I think it's maybe cause they don't know where my accent is from because even people in America don't know where my accent is from unless they're from Maryland or Delaware. But like they act so shocked when they find out I'm American and I'm like why are you so shocked?
Speaking of American, it's so weird how people don't know what the States are and you gotta say you're from American. In school I was always taught to never say I'm from America; I'm from the United States. Because all of Central and South America and Canada are from America too, so when asked I gotta say the US. But here if you say the US, they just look at you like you have 7 heads then they'll be like "America??" and then I'm like "yeah" but it feels so wrong because I was taught not to just say America but otherwise they don't understand. And they also don't know what DC is. They call it Washington, not Washington DC, and I'm sure like 60% of them are thinking of Washington State because they ask if it's in the west near California. The only places they know are Cali and New York so instead of trying to explain how I'm right next to DC I've learned to just say I'm 4 hours south of New York (which doesn't help but I don't care). Also they refers to any non-America I've talked to the past 4.5 months. Lots of Australians, Brits, Scots, and Germans.
Yo I'm hungry but I refuse to buy overpriced airline food on such short flights. I miss my beloved Southwest and their free peanuts and/or crackers/pretzels/chips and drinks.
Ah well. 30 days left. I can do it.
Until next time,
xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment