Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Traveling in the Current Atmosphere

 Hi friends, welcome back! 


This was supposed to be a study abroad blog for while I was in New Zealand back in 2016. Although all of my posts currently revolve around that, I've traveled a lot before New Zealand and I've traveled a lot after New Zealand. However I will not be catching up on all those places I've been as that would probably take the rest of my life (probably not, but ya know). Anyways, I've decided to pick this back up and record my current and future travels because it's a good way to keep my family informed and a good way to look back at memories. If you're curious about past trips, you might get lucky over on my PrincessReviews blog if I've reviewed that place, but I wouldn't count on it for much. But please also go follow that blog too....k thnx. 


So as you may or may not know, depending on when you're reading this, we're (we being the entire world) currently in the middle of a pandemic. Isn't that cool? Go 90s babies, Y2K, 9/11, and now a pandemic where it's illegal to be around more than 10 people or be out after 10pm. Crazy times, right? Last year, all travel was pretty much halted. January I went on a cruise that I complained about the whole time because it was over New Years and I wanted to be with my friends (let's all LOL at the thought of "friends".... should've known. Anyways!) and February we held Mer Magic Con in Virginia. March, the world shut down. All cruises since have been canceled and you bet your bottom dollar I'm glad I got at least one cruise in in 2020. Ya girl is wiggin out now! All cruises have been canceled through October 2021 so far... Anyways. October I did get to travel again, but it was for not good circumstances. My dad and I flew to New Orleans for my uncle's funeral, and my aunts, uncle, and cousins drove down for it. Day after the funeral, Hurricane Delta (I think? There were a lot of hurricanes in 2020 too.) came through and things that weren't already closed for Covid closed for the hurricane. So yeah not a great time to be traveling lol

December I went down to see my grandmother in Florida and shoot something that will hopefully come out in 2022 on a streaming service near you. And here we are in January 2021, 10 months into the Coronavirus Pandemic and travel is still pretty bare. I worked for Sandals Resorts so I have tons of travel advisors and resort operators on my social medias so I see that things are actually open and operating, but the vibes are still no bueno. I'm headed to South Africa in a couple weeks for a Shark Research Assistant position and the other day I was straight up bullied into having to leave two "Solo Female Travel" Facebook groups. I'm almost 24 years old and these are groups of grown adult women and they just came at me so strong with so much hatred at the thought of anyone "traveling during a pandemic" that I just left the groups - I don't need that negativity. The world is already in such shambles right now that they can keep their rudeness to themselves, peace out haters. 

(Also, I'm the copy editor of Fins Magazine, but I promise I actually follow grammatical rules there even tho I clearly don't here, so ya'll should go subscribe to that too, btw. This is my brain spit; that's an actual publication; you're welcome for the clarification.)

So yeah. Lots of hate around traveling right now from rando strangers that have nothing better to do with their time (bc let's be honest, there's nothing they can do with the world in a global shut down) but I did just get back from Las Vegas and as I mentioned I'm headed to South Africa in a couple weeks so.... gotta keep living life; it's too short to just sit still and there's definitely ways you can safely travel. Until the virus has calmed down I'm gonna turn off my comments because like I said I just don't need the hate but if ya wanna stay tuned for the mess, give me a follow. 

Until next time,

xoxo,

Tasha


 


No comments: